On Friday 02 January 2004 11:06 am, David wrote:

-> I am getting a LOT of crashes from seg faults.  A lot of apps in my menu,
 that I know I have installed with all deps, will either do nothing when I
 try to open them, or will flash open then close real quick.  What could be
 going on with this? ->
-> I'm running mdk 9.1 on a stock HP Pavillion ze4300 laptop.  AMD xp-m, 512m
 ram, and a toshiba CD-RW/DVD-Rom.  And yes, I did set the settings for the
 DVD device to /dev/scd0. ->

Just a couple of things real quick - what video card do you have? Also, have
you tried running the apps from a shell and watching their output? Sometimes
great clues are given this way.

How about Mplayer? I personally use and prefer it myself (others do too).

--

                                                                       /\
                                                                 Dark< >Lord