On Friday 02 January 2004 04:09 pm, robin wrote:

-> On a related subject, is there a command-line option for Kwrite to open
-> a piped output?
->
-> Something like
->
-> man mencoder | grep AC3 | kwrite
->
-> just opens Kwrite with a new document and sends the search results to
-> stdout.
->
-> Sir Robin

Well...just off the top of my head...(and there isn't much there!) you can do
this (but it looks awkward):

 man mencoder | grep AC3 > man.txt && kwrite man.txt

As you can see, this pipes the output to a text file called "man.txt" then
uses Kwrite to open it. I guess thats not exactly what you're looking for
though...

--

                                                                       /\
                                                                 Dark< >Lord