On Friday 02 January 2004 6:22 pm, Josh Peters droned on:
> Hi, I'm trying to install 9.1 on a b&w g3 ppc, original, 350 processor.  So
> far I have been unable to even get a burned copy of mandrake or yellow dog
> to even boot.  I am burning the iso correctly, mounting the disk, etc.
> Tried booting from firmware, no luck.  I am a complete newbie(moron) at
> this, if I'm missing something quite simple please let me know.
> I will gladly give any more info that is needed.

1. Are you setting up the computer to boot off the CD? That's how it should be
setup to load Linux.

2. If you are, try one of the other images that allows you to do a
installation by booting off a floppy looking for the CDROM. I belive that
floppy.img available in the .../images directory.

Rob

--

Linux: For the people, by the people.
Linux Counter #183693 http://counter.li.org/