On Saturday 03 January 2004 08:03 am, Terence J. Golightly wrote:
> Annie, List,
>
> On Sat, 2004-01-03 at 06:17, Anne Wilson wrote:
> > Terry, please fix your 'reply-to', as it causes problems for the list.
> > See
> > http://mandrake.vmlinuz.ca/bin/view/Main/MandrakeMailingListEtiquette
> > for explanation.
>
> Sorry about that. Done.
>
> > On Saturday 03 January 2004 00:33, Terence J. Golightly wrote:
> > > List,
>
> <snippity snip snip>
>
> > Not with eth0, but harddrake no longer seems to be able to
> > find/restore my sda1.  This on a re-install of 9.1 after the messed
> > up XFree86 upgrade.  It may be just a coincidence, but I haven't
> > found a way round it yet.
> >
> > Anne
>
> That is exactly how my problem started.  I upgraded XFree86 and I
> believe a library was missing or fragged somehow and I went through the
> roundy round of trying to reset/remove and reinstall the preivious
> verssion of XFree86. Anybody else out there had this happen when they
> upgraded?  Is this a possible bug issue?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Terry
I believe that the XFree86 patches were very poorly thought out, I do not have
some of the problems described but now my xserver will reboot the system or
dump me out of a game after it has run for a while. I am trying to find logs
that tell me what happened. Seems like a lot of people have problems with the
upgrade of XFree.

--
Dennis M. linux user #180842