Jerry Barton wrote:
On Sun, 4 Jan 2004 01:05:58 -0800
"E. Hines" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I'm thinkin' there be sumthin strange about the way 9.2 is handling
Mozilla plugins.  I just put 9.2 on a test machine, and I could not
get the Flashplayer 6 plugin to appear.  Both files were installed in
the plugins directory, but Help>about plug-ins didn't show them, and,
of course, Flash didn't work.  I've installed Flash 6 on several 9.1
machines (the very same files, in fact), and it worked flawlessly.  I
still had the *.so and *.class files from Flash 5, so I experimented
and copied them to the moz plugins directory.  Flash worked!  I
removed them and tried the *.so and *.xpt from known working Flash 6
machines, and they wouldn't work.  Smells like a bug, to me.

I got flash to work with the plf .rpm but not with the installer from
macromedia's site.  There's some other file needed but i don't remember
what it is.

I was unable to get flash working for the longest time. Then, in the course of debugging a different issue, I happened to try starting galeon from a command line. It complained that it was missing library libstdc++-libc6.2 (something like that, sorry, I moved onto other problems since then.) So I hunted around and found that package libstdc++2.10-2.96-0.83mdk (comes on the Mandrake CD) contains this lib. Installed that package, and now flash works in all my browsers. This is the 6.0.79 (whatever) version downloaded directly from the Macromedia site.

Guy Rouillier