On Monday 05 Jan 2004 1:48 pm, Jason Crowder wrote:
> OK.  I found another problem with Mandrake 9.2 that I can solve.
>
> My crontab doesn't run.  Below is what my /etc/crontab file looks like.
> I have backup routines that are supposed to kick off and create tar
> balls of my files.  But nothing happens.  I don't get any emails from
> Cron saying that ran.  Any ideas why Cron isn't running?
>
> /etc/crontab:
>
> SHELL=/bin/bash
> PATH=/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin
> MAILTO=root
> HOME=/
>
> # run-parts
> 01 * * * * root nice -n 19 run-parts /etc/cron.hourly
> 02 4 * * * root nice -n 19 run-parts /etc/cron.daily
> 22 4 * * 0 root nice -n 19 run-parts /etc/cron.weekly
> 42 4 1 * * root nice -n 19 run-parts /etc/cron.monthly
> 00 3 * * * /root/vscan
> 00 5 * * * /home/laptop/laptop.backup
> 00 6 * * 0 /home/laptop/sunday.backups
> 00 2 * * * /root/updates
> 00 1 * * * /usr/local/f-prot/tools/check-updates.pl
> 00 7 1 * * /home/laptop/monthly.backups

Type 'mail' in a root terminal and you should see the emails cron has been
sending you every time it fails.
Put a full email address in the MAILTO= field and you will get the mails in
your regular mail account (So long as you have a mail server installed or an
smtp transport application like ssmtp)

Also if you install webmin from your CDs and type
https://localhost:10000 in a browser you can view your cron jobs and run them
from within webmin. (Note:  https NOT http )

And finally Please do not hijack threads by changing the title of an existing
post. It does not worry me, but some people get seriously pissed off by it.

HTH

derek

--
www.jennings.homelinux.net