I'm having difficulty with the Mandrake 9.2 version of gcvs. I installed both it and the version of cvs that come on the distribution. When I try to set preferences, gcvs complains something like "alternate cvs does not support gui redirection". I remembered from the last time I used this reading that gcvs needs a special version of cvs that recognizes the --cvsgui option, so that it can capture the output from cvs; the package description actually says this. I looked in the detailed description for the Mandrake version of gcvs and saw no cvs included there So I went onto the wincvs site and downloaded the version of gcvs I found there (the i386 RPM package). Sure enough, it contains its own cvs, which it installs in /usr/local/bin. After installing this version, it works fine.

Am I doing something incorrectly, or is this a packaging issue I should submit as a bug?
--
Guy Rouillier