I have installed apollon from the penguin liberation front (plf) source
but can't get it to run. When I run it I get:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] elizabeth]$ apollon
kbuildsycoca running...
apollon: relocation error: apollon: undefined symbol:
_ZN7Apollon10giFTSocketC1EP7QObjectPKc
[EMAIL PROTECTED] elizabeth]$ Mutex destroy failure: Device or
resource busy

I have tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it with no effect.

The history of this is that I installed it initially and then
(accidentally) ran it as root (forgot to 'exit' back to user account).
It started to the configuration screen where I put in a user name and
clicked ok. It then failed to start. Now, even after a reinstall, it
won't bring up even this initial setup screen (for root or a normal
user). I have never had the actual main program load on that machine.

I would think it might be a bad package on plf but I've definitely
installed apollon successfully on another 9.2 machine. My suspicion is
that it is something to do with running it as root initially. The system
must be holding some sort of state information or something which isn't
removed with the package- I just can't find it.

I don't know if it's relevant but this machine, for space reasons, does
not have GNOME or most of the development libraries installed. I
wouldn't guess this would make any difference as it is a KDE
application. It is up-to-date with mandrake updates.

Just for completeness the commands I'm using to install/uninstall are
(respectively):
'urpmi apollon'         and
'urpme apollon-0.9.1-2plf.i586 gift-0.11.4-5plf.i586
gift-fasttrack-0.8.5-1plf.i586 libapollon0-0.9-1plf.i586
libgift0-0.11.4-5plf.i586'

I'd very much appreciate any light that anyone could shed on this! I
hope it's something obvious that I'm missing!

Thanks in advance,
Andrew.