On Wed, 2004-01-07 at 02:58, Adolfo Bello wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-01-07 at 00:31, jpearl24 wrote:
> > It seems when i have evolution open for a long time. X freezes. I dont
> > think its my video card because of the games i play stay on and i can
> > watch a dvd with no problems... but when i got done with the dvd and
> > unrolled Evo from its rolled up state x froze immediately any ideas.. i
> > downloaded all the updates and it still pauses when i type every 30
> > seconds.. i think that is causing the freezing..
>
> Try adding to your /etc/hosts:
> 127.0.0.1   yourhostname   yourhostname.yourdomainname
>
> It fixed that problem in my box.
>
> I have also read that leaving blank or comment lines in /etc/hosts is
> another source of problems for Evolution.
>
> HTH
>
> Adolfo

ok somehow it got put back to localhost... so i put it back to sesso2
and now it doesnt freeze every lil bit but ... i found out that x hasnt
froze since  ihavent had any chat programs running... sooo i htink it is
the chat programs.. do you think the hostname could be killing x from
running chat clients... i am running irc chat xchat with no locking up..

--
jason pearl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>