On Wed, 2004-01-07 at 21:55, Paul wrote:
> Hi Mike,
>
> I know, I remember your post. But since Turboprint looked so promising,
> I decided to order the printer. One should expect that it works when
> support through software/driver is there.
> There is something weird with the USB hookup...
> I tried to get a printer less new, but for some strange reason that did
> not work. I had aimed for an HP 6xx or so, I know these work. But
> alas... A new challenge.
>
> Paul

Hehe; I'm just giving you a hard time :)  I've done the same thing; try
to pick something that you think is going to work and get home to find
out it's the one version that isn't quite supported yet.
On reading the posts at linuxprinting.org, I came to the conclusion that
Epson did something different with the way they're printing on their new
printers - and honestly, even printing from windows looks pretty bad.
I'm not really impressed with their new line of printers at all.  I had
an Epson 860 that did great photos and pretty decent speed, but it was
actually cheaper to buy the new printer than to buy the ink cartridges
for the old printer!  Now I know why.
Anyway, stick to linuxprinting.org.  Till Kamppeter is the guy who
brought much of the great cups printing support to mandrake and he works
on the list quite a bit - if anyone can help you get it working, it will
be him.

http://www.linuxprinting.org/forums.cgi?group=linuxprinting.epson.general

Scroll down the list and you'll see some entries for c44 and how they
got it working.

Mike