On Sat, 10 Jan 2004 10:53:43 -0500
Todd Slater <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > > Even tried it running XFCE4 with the panel enabled, still same
> > > error...WTF?
> > >
> > > I know you are an XFCE4 user, no? Does it put a systray icon in your
> > > panel?
> >
> > Never mind, built it from source (had to install a boatload of devel libs,
> > but
> > it's good to have those around anyhow), and it seems to be running okay.
> >
> > Hmmm, another one of my 'answer my own posts' thread.
>
> Sorry about that, I remember having to install some -devel packages, but
> I assumes RPM would complain if you didn't have them already. Just off
> hand, do you recall the packages you needed? Prolly some XML things?

libgtkhtml2-devel, and ya libxml(2?)-devel, IIRC. 'Course, those then require
about 20 other packages, but urpmi took care of all that. Nothing like a
well-written configure script to tell you exactly what yer missin'.

> Yeah, I run XFce4 and it's nice having the icon in the systray. If I set
> it up to check for new news every X minutes, the icon changes to reflect
> that.

Weird that your RPM was behaving that way though, I couldn't see any build
options to enable/disable the systray icon, and when I built it, on the first
start in the prefs, "show systray icon" is off by default. Mysterious...

In any case, thanks for the tip, great app, now it's just a matter of finding
some RSS news feeds to add in. I already added Google's Canadian and World news
feeds, not bad.

What are your faves?

--
JoeHill ++ ICQ # 280779813