Tom Brinkman kirjoitti viestissään (lähetysaika Perjantai 9. Tammikuuta 2004
17:04):
> On Thursday 08 January 2004 01:12 pm, tuija t. wrote:
> > I answer to myself :)
> > I compiled vanilla 2.6.0 and;
> > + no errors
> > + no reiserfs debug mode
> > + no frame pointers
> > But
> > - no supermount either :(
> > Howto merge supermount patch to vanilla?
>
>     I've had a lot of problems with recent 2.6 cooker kernels
> myself, particulary with initrd and Reiser (won't even boot).
> You might try lookin in contribs (RPMS2/) on cooker mirrors for
> Thomas Backlund's version.
> kernel-tmb-2.6.0-1.tmb.1mdk-1-1mdk.i586.rpm
>           (kernel-source is there too)
>
>     I believe from reading cooker, he's got many of 2.6's module
> problems solved, proper ReiserFS support, and the latest
> supermount and other Mandrake specifics.  Be aware tho you'll
> still have other 2.6 kernel hardware/software/config issues (see
> lkml and cooker archives). So report back and tells us how it
> goes.

Thank you, I must try that Thomas' kernel-source too, it seems to
have lot of intresting patches.

>    The only way I'm aware of to get Mandrake kernel patches like
> supermount is to extract them from a Mandrake kernel src.rpm, and
> I don't know how compatible they'd be with vanilla kernel.org
> source.

I managed to merge this supermount patch
supermount-2.0.3a-2.6.0.patch.gz
to vanilla-kernel-2.6.1 with following steps:
Extract the kernel vanilla in /usr/src
then copy this patch to /usr/src/linux-2.6.1/
extract the patch
cd in the directory /usr/src/linux-2.6.1
and there
# patch -p1 < supermount-2.0.3a-2.6.0
# make mrproper
# make
# make modules_install
# make install
Everything else went well but system failed to create
initrd.img
But I personally don't need it cause I have choosen
y not m in ide/ata and /fs  which is reiserfs
Kernel seems to work well and there is no errors in dmesg
--
best rgds
~tt