As a matter of record,I managed to borrow an,
Epson Stylus C84 photo edition  Printer
to test out in Mandrake.

Using the C82 driver Foomatic+Gimp-Print(recommended)

I am able to report that it does print off reasonably well.
The colour rendering is good, and In High quality the resolution is
good, but in "Normal Quality" the all too customary "Thin white lines"
appear, please see graphics attatched.

I have observed this characteristic many times with Cups drivers
employed with HP, Lexpark, and now Epson printers, it would appear
that
the white line problem is endemic in the cups driver, and needs
fixing.I'm sure I am not the only one to observe this.

Otherwise if you are willing to use only high quality and above the
results are quite satisfactory.

John

--
John Richard Smith