El vie, 09-01-2004 a las 09:39, Anne Wilson escribió:
> Warren - this was a well-publicised problem with 8.2.  The fix was
> simple, though I can't remember it.  It was described on the 8.2
> Errata page, and I think it's still available.

Actually, it was a problem with 9.0:
<http://www.mandrakelinux.com/en/90errata.php3#urpmi>

The fix is unfortunately not applicable to 8.2. I'm thankful that you
mentioned it in any case, because now I have the 8.2 errata bookmarked.

Several people suggested that I may need to update my sources first.
Sorry, I should have mentioned that I had updated everything just last
week.

Others suggested several variants on urpmi commands, but I am using
rpmdrake, the GUI frontend to urpmi. Still, these suggestions gave me
the idea of trying urpmi from the command line on the problem packages,
and they installed without complaint. So apparently the problem is with
the version of rpmdrake that shipped with 8.2, and the workaround is to
use urpmi from the command line. Thanks everyone for pointing me in the
right direction.
--
Warren Post, Registered Linux user 241394
Santa Rosa de Copán, Honduras