On Monday 12 January 2004 11:38 pm, Charlie wrote:
->I have a bunch of folders(several hundred) that I copied over from my Win2k
->partition that I want to rename. Windows names them using a capital letter
->and I want to rename them all to all lower case.
->
->Example: rename Documents to documents
->
->Is there an easy way to do this? I don't want to do all these one at a
 time. ->
->Thanks,

Hi Charlie. Just cp the files to where you need them, then while you are in
that directory from a shell, type:

for i in *[A-Z]*

Now you at a > prompt. Type

do mv $i `echo $i |tr "A-Z" "a-z"`  (note those are ` not ' , located below
your tilde key)

and finally:

done

Hope this helps! :-)