Miark wrote:

On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 07:20:23 -0500, Bryan Phinney <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

With XOSL that i use, installing Windows at any time would not cause any
problem! It is true that windows writes to MBR and wipes out whatever is
there. However XOSL has a restore option! So after installing a windows OS,
I insert the XOSL floppy and restore it! Then i am on XOSL as before! Cool!
I wonder if Mandrake could include a similar restore facility.

It does. You can run the Mandrake CD in rescue mode and it will rewrite Lilo to the MBR if it has been overwritten. You can then manually add boot options for Windows 98, XP, etc.

I could be wrong, but I think the restore function reads lilo.conf, restoring all entries that previously existed--including Winblows entries. Can anybody confirm this?

Miark

windows entries are restored too if i remember correctly