On Tue, Jan 20, 2004 at 06:38:36PM +0000, Inhabitant of Zion wrote:
> Hi
>
> Been playing around with xfce and I quite like it. One thing that I
> can't work out is where to find the xml file that you are supposed to
> edit to add option to the menu. There are some pretty useful things
> missing from it like any office stuff etc...
>
> I read in the help pages that the file is called menu.xml but a search
> of my HDD does not some up with any files by that name.
>
> BTW I used Charles RPM's for my installation of XFCE

Charles' suggestion is probably your best bet; however, I never much got
into the Start button in Windows and I really don't like it in Mandrake
$desktop_environment. There's a python script called MenuMaker which
will scan your bins for known programs and create a menu suitable for
xfdesktop as well as other WM's. You can get it at
ftp://ftp.webtrek.com/pub/rpms/MenuMaker-0.11-1.noarch.rpm.

Todd