Hi there!

I was trying to install Netscape 7.1 and when the installation program asked in what directory the software should be installed, it automatically sugested to install in /usr/local/netscape and I answered YES!!!!!. The system informed that I have no permission to create this directory... In this minute, some questions poped-up in my mind...

1 - What is the standard directory that I have to install the softwares? Like "c:\Program Files" in the winsux?
2 - I have to give root powers to my user to install this programs or log as root and install them?

Thanks
André Tapxure