On Monday 26 January 2004 07:06 pm, Glenn wrote:
> On Monday 26 January 2004 11:10, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > Could anyone tell me or point me to a list of 802.11g PCI wireless cards
> > that are supported (without fuss) on Mandrake 9.2?
> >
> > many thanks
>
> If you're not adverse to paying for a driver, a Google search turned up a
> 30-day trial version driver ($19.95 thereafter), that claims to support
> 802.11g on several manufacturers cards (at
> http://www.linuxant.com/driverloader/wlan/full/downloads.php).
>
> I'm glad you asked the question, since I hadn't checked on support for my
> U.S. Robotics 802.11g card in the last six months or so, and had given up
> hope. I'll be downloading the 30-day trial Mandrake 9.2 RPM on the site,
> and trying it out.  Wish me luck.

This isn't a driver per say, but a wrapper that allows you to use your WinXP
driver in Linux.  There is a free (GPL'd) version of this that works with
some cards at http://ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net/
--
/g

"Outside of a dog, a man's best friend is a book, inside
a dog it's too dark to read" -Groucho Marx