Quoting [EMAIL PROTECTED]:

> Hi, I bought a new adsl router today, and so unplugged the old one, plugged
> in
> the new one, set it all up via the web interface using a computer with WinXP
> on it.
>
> Set the router to use DHCP, and a WinXP laptop and desktop both are happily
> using the internet.
>
> Now.. to my Mandrake 9.2 machine.
>
> Used drakconnect and tried to put in my settings.. and I just can not seem
> get it on the internet. I have tried setting it to use dhcp, or with a
> static
> IP, to no avail.
>
> Worse, I can now access my mandrake box via my windows pc.. so it does have
> an
> IP address.. but the mandrake box cannot access the internet, and the
> internet
> can not access the mandrake box.
>
> Am I insane, or am I missing somehting obvious?
>
> My settings:
>
> gateway: xxx.yyy.50.104
> subnet:  255.255.255.248
>
> The windows machines pick up the DNS automatically.. and I have tried this
> with
> mandrake, and by also manually setting the DNS.
>
> Can anyone offer advise.. or slap me round the head for being stupid?
>
> -- Azrael

Just to add results of ifconfig:

eth0      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:02:B3:4B:04:88
          inet addr:195.137.50.110  Bcast:195.137.50.111  Mask:255.255.255.248
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:100
          RX bytes:10995 (10.7 Kb)  TX bytes:10275 (10.0 Kb)
          Interrupt:9 Base address:0xf000

I am not sure if the Bcast is correct. Should it not end with 255? If this is
the problem, how do I edit the Bcast?

thanks

Everyone should have http://www.freedom2surf.net/