On Thu, 2004-01-29 at 00:29, Frans Ketelaars wrote:
> On Thursday 29 January 2004 00:45, P J Scott wrote:
> > says there is no such command ????
> > i tried alsaconfig and still same
> > ?????????
> > no sound

Thanks, I just ran this tool and as far as i can see everything is fine.
It has the right sound card and it let me choose different drivers.
I tried them both and neither works.
my sound is onboard with the 5.1 channel audio
it is on the via chipset
via technologies with a pci bus
the audio controller is vt 8233 ac97
and the current driver is snd-via82xx

I have just moved the slider in the volume control and got some very
loud noise and screech this only will go off now with the volume slider
about halfway..???????????????
Thanks Philip