"M. L. Cates" wrote:

> > I ask about this a couple of days ago and I am still perplexed about the
> > problems I am having
> > with 6.1 .  I have made 3 clean installs now and still have the same
> > exact problems. Are there
> > any known problems with 6.1 from macmillan?
> >
> > My KDE help is not loaded in the directory that the help icon leads to.
> > When I bring up
> > a window the various navigation buttons are just colored squares with no
> > graphical indication
> > as to what they are.  Some programs seem to only partially load or not
> > load at all.  When I
> > attempt to open KMail initially it tells me it is creating a directory
> > for  mail
> > and then nothing else happens. Some programs seem to work perfectly OK
> > such as NETSCAPE
> > and KPPP.
> >
> > I would really appreciate any suggestions anyone has.
> >

> > m. l. cates
>
> Since I posted this letter I uninstalled kcmclock and installed kdelibs
> as someone on this list suggested
> and it solved all of my known problems except for the apparent problem I
> am having with ghostview
> reading pdf files. I have tried to unistall and reinstall ghostview but
> it won't allow me to.
>
> M L Cates

Check the debug window for ghostview when you try opening the pdf file.
I just tried it here and got a message in there about applying a patch
if I wanted "encrypted PDF" support in ghostview.

I don't know if xpdf supports what you want to do.  I _do_ know that
Adobe makes Acrobat Reader for Linux!

--
Steve Philp
Network Administrator