On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 09:38:27 -0500
Mike Begin disseminated the following:

> I am setting up a Mandrake 9.2 box as a syslog server and was wondering how
> I could gain access to that box remotely?  I prefer to use SSH.  Can anyone
> provide me with some direction?

Depends on the security level you've assigned on the server. If it's 'Standard'
then it's just:

ssh -u <username> <ip of server>

assuming you have a user account on the server, of course.

If you have the security level set higher, you may need to configure the server
to accept connections from specified hosts. Edit /etc/hosts.allow with the IP of
the box you want to connect from, and edit /etc/hosts.deny, which may have an
"all" setting in place.

One thing, please don't reply to existing posts and change the subject, start a
new thread instead. More info on that here: