I just did what the link said but all i get is:

/mnt/scd0 not supported by hdparm

If my drive isnt supported, why does Mandrake find it and know that its an HP 8100series CD-RW?

This is really annoying me now...

From: Frank Bax <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [newbie] CD-ROM drive freezes Mandrake 9.2
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 16:20:27 -0500

At 11:35 AM 1/30/04, Viking Skull wrote:
Hey everyone! Just recently signed up! I've been using Mandrake for maybe a week now, but I'm having a major problem. Whenever I try to access the CD-ROM drive it just freezes the desktop.. I cant play music CD's and i cant do anything with data CD's either. The CD-ROM drive is a HP one and is recognised by Linux.. it just seems to crash it whenever I access it. It also crashes when right-clicking on it. The weird thing is, is that somewhere Mandrake told me it was a SCSI drive, when in fact it's an IDE drive. Can anyone help me!?

Does this help?
http://groups.google.ca/groups?q=CD-ROM+drive+freezes+Mandrake&start=10&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&selm=pan.2003.07.10.12.09.03.232623%40paradise.com.mz&rnum=12

Stay in touch with absent friends - get MSN Messenger http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger