On Friday 30 January 2004 04:10 pm, Viking Skull wrote:
> I just did what the link said but all i get is:
>
> /mnt/scd0 not supported by hdparm
>
> If my drive isnt supported, why does Mandrake find it and know that its an
> HP 8100series CD-RW?
>
> This is really annoying me now...
>

> From: Frank Bax <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> >To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >Subject: Re: [newbie] CD-ROM drive freezes Mandrake 9.2
> >Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 16:20:27 -0500
> >
> >At 11:35 AM 1/30/04, Viking Skull wrote:
> >>Hey everyone! Just recently signed up! I've been using Mandrake for maybe
> >>a week now, but I'm having a major problem. Whenever I try to access the
> >>CD-ROM drive it just freezes the desktop.. I cant play music CD's and i
> >>cant do anything with data CD's either. The CD-ROM drive is a HP one and
> >>is recognised by Linux.. it just seems to crash it whenever I access it.
> >>It also crashes when right-clicking on it. The weird thing is, is that
> >>somewhere Mandrake told me it was a SCSI drive, when in fact it's an IDE
> >>drive. Can anyone help me!?
> >
> >Does this help?
> >http://groups.google.ca/groups?q=CD-ROM+drive+freezes+Mandrake&start=10&hl
> >=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&selm=pan.2003.07.10.12.09.03.232623%40paradise.com.mz&rnu
> >m=12
> >

> >Want to buy your Pack or Services from MandrakeSoft?
> >Go to http://www.mandrakestore.com

> Stay in touch with absent friends - get MSN Messenger
> http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger
Are you using KDE desktop? Try going into the MCC (Mandrake
Control Center) and click on hardware, you should see a tree with the devices
shown click on scd0 and on the right hand side see what it is called
like /mnt/cdrom or whatever. If nothing there the click on the configure bar
near the bottom of that window and wait a bit it should tell you what it is
being mounted as and you should then  be able to use it. HTH Sorry if all
this has been said before.
--
Dennis M. linux user #180842