Tom Brinkman wrote:
On Saturday 31 January 2004 11:50 am, JoeHill wrote:

On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 10:27:54 -0600

Tom Brinkman disseminated the following:

What I ment was, would there be a way to put the Easy
Urpmi interface or concept *into* cooker.

Better than Easy Urpmi has long been in cooker, even in 9.x days. It's called 'urpmi.setup' Currently

urpmi.setup-0.4.4-4mdk.noarch.rpm

I'm trying it now, and it still seems to depend on plf.zarb.org being available, which right now is not.

Wasn't there a mirror of the Easy Urpmi site? I can't seem to
find it in my archives from this list...

That's what I get for postin about somethin I don't use.
urpmi.setup detects your Mandrake version and lists the media available for it. I don't use it because with cooker, updates to the final aren't (of course) available yet. I have used it after final, when cooker is still on holiday, waitin for the next devel cycle.

IIRC, the easy urpmi site has moved, no longer hosted at zarb. But urpmi.setup should list a bunch of mirrors (?). It won't list plf sites for the same reasons those packages can't be included in the distro.

The problem is that urpmi.setup is looking to the plf zarb site to obtain the list of mirrors which is no longer there, so it fails. There must be some way to adjust urpmi.setup so it looks in the new place for the mirror list, but I'm afraid this is beyond my level of skill!

Margot