Well i was not able to burn, copy or write to CD´s and i was losing Cd´s one
after one.!
 There were many configuration options that i had to test to see which one
would work for me.

For writing to a CD from hard drive: it turned out that i had to switch  from
DAO mode to TAO mode. It then worked.
 For burning on the fly even though i had done SCSI emulation for my dvd-rom
following the instructions i had got from this mailing list but still no
success. It turned out that i need to pass some commands to cdrdao to have it
use special drivers for the specific cd writer and dvd rom that i have.
Looking at the file /usr/share/cdrdao/drivers which gives the list of drivers
for various cd writers and roms, i found out what drivers cdrdao needs to
use. Then i created a file .cdrdao in my home directory and wrote these lines
in the file:

write_device: "1,0,0"
write_driver: "generic-mmc-raw"

read_device: "1,1,0"
read_driver: "generic-mmc".

Now i am able to burn on the fly directly from cd to cd.

--
Ramin M
Linux user #310496