On 2/4/2004 at 7:21 AM aronsmith wrote:

>Got it bookmarked thanks (I'm gonna have to get serious
about security
>gonna get the separate firewall up in the next day or so
(2 firewalls
>any reason to?.. not to?

Aron; Using two firewalls usually causes problems with file
sharing, etc., so I wouldn't bother with 2 firewalls if I
were you. If you put up a firewall box in front of the
server, remember to shut down the firewall ( Shorewall )
that's running on the server. As far as services that you
can shut down are concerned, you'll need to send me a list
of the services that are running on it now, and the
services that you need.

By the way, is this box being used as a server or
workstation ? That answer can go a long way to helping us
decide what to leave running and what to shut down.

Lanman