On Fri, 2004-02-06 at 13:11, Tom Hilbert wrote:
> I just installed 9.2 and can't seem to get internet up and
> running.  I have a motorola cable modem connected via ethernet
> on a shuttel an35nUltra mobo.  The nic is the nvida nic
> controller that is onboard.  The drake config utility doesn't
> seem to show the nic driver as being loaded.  I haven't tried
> to use linux for several years -had Red Hat succesfully
> running for a while a few years ago- so be kind I am rusty.
> Thanks!
> Tom Hilbert
> Library Assistant - 568-3842
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Hi Tom,
        I am running an Abit board that has the nvidia onboard nic.  I got it
to work using the nvidia driver from their site, however, it made my
machine extremely slow when doing any network activity.  The best
solution I found was to ignore the nvidia nic and put in a PCI nic.

Hope that helps!

Travis Crook
Visions Beyond