Ronald wrote:

> I've been looking at some laptop/notebook stuff, and was just
> wondering about Dells stuff. My wife says we can swing one
> around tax time <grin>.
>
> Does it work pretty good with Mandrake?

I have never had problems with _older_ Dell machines (Latitudes and
Inspirons) and Mandrake, unlike some other laptop brands; 9.2 installed
"out of the box" on my C610.

> If you had to choose, would you pick Intel Xtreme, ATI
> mobility, or Nvidias'
> NForce? (and why?)

To be honest, there is little difference in performance and features.
What might swing it is the driver support which, in my experience, is
(in descending order of quality):

NVIDIA
ATI
Intel