----- Original Message -----
From: "Paul" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, February 07, 2004 07:23
Subject: Re: [newbie] Problem with ppp

> On 02/07/2004 02:06 PM, Hoyt Bailey wrote:
>
> #/etc/ppp/*pap*-*secrets*
>
> You need to create all the files that are not there. Best shot is to
> copy the sample-files to the real names and edit them, I guess.

That probably wasnt the right thing to do. First the sample files were there
in name only (they were empty).  Therefore I downloaded the PPP HOWTO which
contained scripts for ppp-on, ppp-off, and ppp-on-dialer.  I then copied the
scripts and pasted into vi changed what needed to be changed and wrote to :
/etc/ppp/ppp-on
/etc/ppp/ppp-on-dialer
/etc/ppp/ppp-off
Made them executable by all users.  Then issued ppp-on:  whoops a message
from bash: ppp-on commanmd not found.  Not in the right place for bash.
Issued /etc/ppp/ppp-on and another message:
/usr.sbin/pppd0: unrecognised operation
with a list of options.
There is something I'm missing here.  The command issued by the modem lights
applett is ppp-on and ppp-off,  therefore the only thing I know is that the
command is right.
Help;
Hoyt