On Thursday 12 Feb 2004 12:25 pm, Christophe wrote:
> Hello,
> I installed the linuxant driver and know I can connect at 14000 bps (I
> test before upgrading to the full version)...
> My problem is that I tried to setup Kmail under mandrake 9.2 and
> impossible to send my mails but I can get them.
> Is there a special setup for linux because using my infos from windows
> are not working.
> Shall I contact my service provider (hope not because I have to talk in
> Turkish... and I'm not got at it :-(  )  or is it a common problem?
> Thank you
> Christophe

No there is nothing special about using a Linux client.
So long as your ISPs server gets what it expects, then it will work.

Some ISPs require authentication when sending, others do not. - If
authentication is required enter it in your Kmail 'Send' settings

Some ISPs will only let you send immediately after logging in to check for
received mail. - In that case tick the 'Send messages in Outbox after check'
button in Kmail setup.

You can check that you can get through to your ISPs mail server by opening a
terminal and typing

telnet your.isps.mail,server 25
(insert the domain name of your ISPs mail server)

You should see a response back looking something like :-

$ telnet smtp.ntlworld.com 25
Trying 62.253.162.40...
Connected to smtp.ntlworld.com (62.253.162.40).
Escape character is '^]'.
220 mta02-svc.ntlworld.com ESMTP server (InterMail vM.4.01.03.37
201-229-121-137-20020806) ready Thu, 12 Feb 2004 13:13:37 +0000

If that does not work you either have entered the name of the server wrong, or
your DNS lookups are not working in which case you will not be able to browse
the Internet either, and I am sure you would have mentioned it if you
couldn't.

HTH

derek

--