i did the install last night. i ran all the updates this morning.
it was actually easier than a rh install, and i've run rh since the 2.0 days....up and
including fedora. at that point i gave up. the bugs were unbelievable. i tried lindows
and while the install went flawless, i didn't agree with the cnr thing one bit,
especially for softyware that i KNOW i can download leagaly and freely on any other
distro.

so i tried mandrake, 9.2.

i do have one small disappointment.

real player plugins for mozilla were not installed automatically.
so i'll have to do those myself. no biggie, but i noticed that lindows had all the
video plugins already installed for mozzilla. that was a nice bonus.

i am downloading the ut2k4 demo that was just released.

i'm crossing my fingers that mandrake and i did the right install for the video stuff
and that the 3d hardware drivers will work correctly. rh was NEVER able to do it, and
i spent days, hours and weeks trying to get the right drivers installed, to no avail.

i've just gotten to the point where my time is valuable and i want to enjoy my
computer expeirences, not spend all my time fighting to configure something that won't
work.

so tonight, or tommorow, i'll install my ut2k4 game and see if its a GAME, or a slide
show presentation (grin) :-)

thanks for the help so far, and for the points y'all gave to make this install a
particularly good one!

in the default windowmaker environment, is it possible to add programs to the task bar
(if thats what its called) that appears on the right side of the screen when you log
in, on the desktop? i really hate digging through menus for the 6-8 programs i'll be
using ALL the time, ya know what i mean?

thanks!

Harold, a convert to mandrake :-)
\