----- Original Message -----
From: Patrick Putteman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, October 29, 1999 9:46 AM
Subject: [newbie] Important: Intel 810 Chipset and Mandrake

Does work, but I have heard it's not the best....
Here's a post from comp.os.linux.hardware:

Hi,

Since I asked about this a couple weeks ago,
I think it is appropriate that I communicate this
information to this newsgroup.  On the "Intel®
810 Chipset Family Forum" at:

http://newsgroups.intel.com/ngi.exe?group=ch01&desc=yes&sort=sent&thread=yes

An Intel customer support person posted a message
about the availability of Linux drivers for the 810
chipset from Precision Insight at:

ftp://ftp.precisioninsight.com/pub/pi/XFCom/

Apparently, for Redhat 6.1 you need the files:

XFCom-i810-glibc2.1-1.0.0-rh61.i386.rpm
and
I810Gtt-0.1-rh61.i386.rpm

I haven't tried the driver yet but there are reports
on the Forum that people have gotten them to work.

 -Dyer

--

  -Dyer Lytle in Tucson
   Cassini ISS Software Engineer