On Monday 16 Feb 2004 1:03 pm, H.J.Bathoorn wrote:
> On Monday 16 February 2004 13:20, lanman wrote:
> > Any ideas or suggestions?
>
> Lanman,
> Don't know if your card has the same chipset but here's how I did it with a
> Belkin vers2 card that has atmelchips on it.
>
> http://people.zeelandnet.nl/triade/linux/Belkin.html
>
> It can't be that different, can it?:)
>
> Good luck,
> HarM

Actually Harm the Belkin F5D6050 version 1 is also Atmel (usb
vendor/product=d5c/a002) and will work virtually "out of the box" with
Mandrake with the at76c503 driver supplied in Mandrake. The version 2 Belkin
requires a later version (0.11) of the at76c503 driver.

The only difference between version 1 and version 2 is the usb/vendor codes
for some bizarre reason.

I used to use the atmelwlan driver you mention on your site, but rejected it
because it was unreliable. Pulling out the usb cable and reinserting it again
would screw up the connection, and if power is supplied to the USB interface
when the computer is powered off (As many desktops will do), means you had to
pull out the usb cable before powering up, or else the firmware will not
load. Plus the fact that it did not fully support iwconfig means you need to
mess about with configuration utilities like lvnet which are not supplied
with Mandrake despite the driver being installed by default.

derek

--
www.jennings.homelinux.net
http://twiki.mdklinuxfaq.org