Job Evers wrote:

> I have a laptop that came with a flash card reader.  Mandrake (9.2)
> seems very inconsistent about mounting the drive.  Sometimes
> /mnt/removable shows up when I start up and sometimes it doesn't.  When
> it doesn't show up on boot I don't know how to get it mounted.

I had the same problem with an usb-stick. I resolved it by
making a device-icon on the desktop, pointing to /dev/sda1
and, mounting it via the icon when I need it.

By unmouting it before I pull the stick out, I think I can
be sure of data written to it is commited to the stick.

There's no entry for it in /etc/fstab

/Björn