On Fri, 2004-02-20 at 13:28, Simon Kitching wrote:
> So if you've installed via configure/make, you will need to add the
> entries to the menus yourself.
> -----snip----->8
> These directories are normally on the "search path" for every user, so
> if you start one of those dreaded command-lines, and type:
>
>   which kgpg
>
> then (if you're lucky) it will respond:
>   /usr/local/bin/kgpg
> or something like that.

What I get is:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] chuck]$ which kgpg
which: no kgpg in
(/usr//bin:/bin:/usr/bin::/usr/local/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/usr/games:/home/chuck/bin)

> If the program it installed isn't called "kgpg", then at the
> command-line, try typing "kg" then press the tab key. The bash shell
> will display all the available commands whose names start with "kg".
> Hopefully one looks familiar.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] chuck]$ kg
kgeo             kghostview       kgravity.kss
kget             kgpgcertmanager

(the 'kgpgcertmanager' apparently being /part/ of the program, but not
the applet itself).

I can, however, call up the program via an icon I made on the desktop
referencing
'/usr/local/kde/bin/kgpg'

This puts the applet down into the panel and I can access its interface
and functions from there, but it seems rather a ramshackle way of going
about it :-), plus I don't seem to be able to get it to auto-start upon
boot.

Not that that's a make-or-break thing, I guess.  I'm still just so very
confused by the way things work on this side of things, though I confess
I'm impressed by the stability of things, the speed, etc., and I /do/
feel like I've accomplished something when I get things to work (no
matter how many people I have to pester for assistance ;).

Of course, I could always upgrade to KDE 3.2, since I understand KGPG is
integrated into the utilities now.

I guess I've got a /lot/ more reading (and experimenting) to do until I
can even /begin/ to feel comfortable in Linux.  :-\  THX

--
Chuck Mattsen ... [EMAIL PROTECTED] ... Mahnomen, MN
Registered Linux User #346519