On Friday 20 February 2004 21:24, martin brandt wrote:
>  I'll try that prog. but it doesnt sound like exactly what I need. I need
> to be able to dl to the linux directory, so for example, select that
> directory as the download destination on Bit Torrent. I think its possible
> on windows <--> Windows, is there a way to do it on linux <--> windows?
>
> Thanks for your help so far, Martin Brandt

Bittorrent is a different story but dloading to remote directories isn't hard
using putty from windows...Once you're logged in you have full access to the
bash-shell.
Make yourself su/root and do whatever you like. You run the remote-linux PC by
being in/on it and can tell it what to do whatever you like.
It will require a fair amount of command-line knowledge though:)

Something similar but then gui fashion can be gotten from using VNC...but
that's a lot slower and crash-prone in my experience.
Either way you take full control of the remote PC.

Going from linux -> windows (I'm talking 98 here) is a bit more of a hassle
though VNC can do it. If you want ssh-server options on your windows box
you'll need to install "cygwin" or one of the derived lite versions. With
cygwin you'll be able to run X remotely as well:)

Good luck,
HarM
--
Registered Linux User #197998