On Sun, 2004-02-22 at 04:17, Kasper Thunoe wrote:

> [...]

It is definitely possible to access any directory your windows machine
shares.

I'm not sure this is the *easiest* way to set it up, but the following
works for me.

In /etc/fstab, I have the following entry:

# network drives
//host/dir /mnt/somedir smbfs credentials=/etc/samba/auth 0 0

And file /etc/samba/auth holds:
username = simon
domain =
password = mypasswd

With this setup, the windows share is mounted on boot. I can read the
mounted dir as any user, but can only write to it as user "root". I'm
sure that samba provides options to allow writing as normal users, which
is what you want. I just haven't needed to set it up that way.

Cheers,

Simon