Greg Meyer wrote:
On Friday 20 February 2004 05:51 am, Robin Turner wrote:

Greg Meyer wrote:

On Thursday 19 February 2004 04:41 pm, robin wrote:

Can anyone recommend a good guide to rpmbuild (along the lines of the
old Mandrake RPM HOWTO)? In particular I need information on building
RPMs from source tarballs.

http://qa.mandrakesoft.com/twiki/bin/view/Main/RpmHowTo

That's the guide I mentioned, which uses the old rpm command rather than rpmbuild.

Isn't rpmbuild just a wrapper script for rpm anyway?

As far as I know, yes. I only ever made one RPM with the old rpm, and it was a major PITA (by the time I'd done it all, someone else had uploaded an RPM, so my efforts were wasted except as a learning experience). rpmbuild makes it a lot easier.

Sir Robin

--
"Caesar non supra grammaticos." - Suetonius

Robin Turner
IDMYO
Bilkent Univeritesi
Ankara 06533