On Saturday 21 February 2004 13:33, Charlie Mahan wrote:

> Here's a slightly different way to get the "running Mandrake..." blah blah:
>
>  #bin bash
>  echo "Edmonton,AB,Canada User #244963 at http://counter.li.org";
>  echo `cat /etc/mandrake-release` kernel "`uname -r`"
>  echo `uptime`
>  echo "`/usr/games/fortune -s`"
>
> The second line (cat /etc/mandrake-release kernel uname -r) generates the
> second line below. The next line generates the uptime stamp, the last line
> generates the last line(s) a.k.a.; the "short" (the -s flag) Fortune
> cookie.
>
> I should add a tag to the end of that second line;
>
> "On a 6 year old stone axe" <g>
>
> Regards;
> Charlie

Hadn't seen the "cat /etc/mandrake-release" before.  Thanks, Charlie.

--
16:32:42 up 7:21, running Mandrake Linux release 10.0 (RC1) for i586, kernel
2.6.2-0.rc3.1mdk

IT MAKES ME MAD when I go to all the trouble of having Marta cook up about
a hundred drumsticks, then the guy at Marineland says, "You can't throw
that chicken to the dolphins. They eat fish."

Sure they eat fish if that's all you give them!  Man, wise up.
                -- Jack Handley, The New Mexican, 1988.