well there is a problem from me to!

I get stuck when sending to printer large fails...
but when I hold and then start this job everything goes on.
any ideas why!?

I'm using CUPS an HP 6P printer

--------------------------------
force, my friend, is violence!
 hugenots                          [EMAIL PROTECTED]

DJ> On Monday 23 Feb 2004 20:52, Weiers Coetser wrote:
>> Hi, I am as newbie as can be.
>>
>> I set up a sizeable spreadsheet with Open Office and neglected to toggle
>> "print selected sheet only" option.
>>
>> Ended up printing 8 copies of the whole spreadsheet (11 sheets) =
>> approximately 90 pages.
>>
>> I tried everything to try to stop the printjob.
>> But it was not registered in the Print Manager.
>> Swithched the computer off. Swithced the printer off. Rebooted into Win XP.
>> The moment I returned to Linux the printer started printing.
>>
>> Questions:
>> 1. How do I stop a printjob if I am not happy with it.
>> 2. How do I set OpenOffice to only print the selected sheet by default, in
>> stead of the whole document?
>>
>> Thanks.
>> (I hope I did not hi-jack any threads. I did do a search of the archives,
>> but did not find something that seems to answer this particular questions)

DJ> There are lots of ways to manage print jobs.
DJ> Assuming you are using KDE and CUPS :-

DJ> In konqueror press the 'services' button in the tool bar dividing the pane.
DJ> The left pane will then show 'Print System Browser'  You can stop jobs in
DJ> there.

DJ> Or Right click on your 'Quick start' bar select
Panel Menu>>Add>Special Button>Print System