Hello,
I did what you sad about opening mousedrake and changing my mouse... but it
didn't work. I still couldn't use my notebook glider.
What I did this morning I pluged again the Usb mouse and it was ok... I unplug
it with mandrake running and I could use it.
I closed my computer and started it again.
Here again i got mandrake telling me that some thing is changeg in my config
and I chose to cancel the modifications...
And so I got my mouse back and I have also now the USB one.
Well I don't try to understand... I just use it!

Christophe