On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 22:03:34 +0000
Olivier Esser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I am pretty sure it is legal to distribute the beta version of this
> driver. The license that comes with this driver does explicitly permit

My guess is if you bought the POS in the first place you have the legal
right to use it as you see fit, and if it means a beta driver to get it
to work in Linux, then go for it. Better though not to buy the POS in
the first place.

OTOH, winmodems have about the same amount of electronics in them as
$cientology "emeters" and you probably need a license to operate the
latter ;(.