The only other information, is that there's a prompt to continue the installation.  If I choose to continue with the install, it completes successfully (seemingly so).  After I reboot & login, I don't have the ability to run drakconf (I get an error, something about missing package components.).

Not at all fun.

Hoyt Bailey wrote:
----- Original Message -----
From: "Tim" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, February 27, 2004 20:03
Subject: [newbie] 10.0rc1 - error installing library

I still new at the whole linux setup.  I've tried to install the basic
set of packages from scratch, without success.  During the package
install process, an error is displayed 'Error installing package
Libxml2-2.6.6-1mdk.i586'.  Does anyone know if this is due to a bad CD
image file or packaging by Mandrake?  I've burned new CDs from a couple
mirror sites.  Since I'm a developer (on the Windows platform), I'd like
to migrate to Linux.

Sidebar:  I've noticed that Mandrake has changed their installer from
v9.2 to v10.0rc1 (not as robust).

Thanks,
Tim

1.  I'm not an expert!
2.  For a good answer I (if I knew the answer) would require more
information.  There should have been some other info about the error.
3   9.2 is one version of Mandrake and 10.0rc1 is another version just
released.

Regards;
Hoyt