Okay, it seems that since the Dell doesn't have a "true" soundcard that it
uses shared memory. In BIOS (which it seems you can't change or at least I've
not been able to figure out a way to) that its set to only 1024k. Very small.
I found the 845 patch, compiled it, put it in /usr/bin, ran it with:

/usr/bin/845patch 32000

I then used MCC to reset the rez and it worked! Great, now I've got a full
screen.

Rebooted. Back to the small screen. So...I stuck that line in
/etc/rc.d/rc.local as the same:

/usr/bin/845patch 32000

but for some reason, it doesn't work there.

Am I doing the syntax wrong? Thanks.

--

                                                                       /\
                                                                 Dark< >Lord