On Sunday 29 February 2004 12:54 am, Ronald J. Hall wrote:
->Okay, it seems that since the Dell doesn't have a "true" soundcard that it
->uses shared memory. In BIOS (which it seems you can't change or at least
 I've ->not been able to figure out a way to) that its set to only 1024k.
 Very small. ->I found the 845 patch, compiled it, put it in /usr/bin, ran it
 with: ->
->/usr/bin/845patch 32000
->
->I then used MCC to reset the rez and it worked! Great, now I've got a full
->screen.
->
->Rebooted. Back to the small screen. So...I stuck that line in
->/etc/rc.d/rc.local as the same:
->
->/usr/bin/845patch 32000
->
->but for some reason, it doesn't work there.
->
->Am I doing the syntax wrong? Thanks.
->

Just wanted to add that what I've read seems to indicate that this patch needs
to run before the xserver starts.

Could that be the problem since rc.local is the last script to run? If so,
what would be the best place to put this patch? Thanks again.

--

                                                                       /\
                                                                 Dark< >Lord