Hello,
That's what I get in MCC:

/Bus: SCSI
Location on the bus: 0:0:0
Drive capacity: burner DVD
Channel: 00
New devfs device: /dev/scsi/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/cd
Old device file: /dev/scd0
Floppy format: SONY CD-RW CRX830E
Media class: cdrom/

I don't know if it helps
Bye
Christophe

JoeHill wrote:

On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 06:34:35 -0500
rhein disseminated the following:

I tried to watch a DVD with Totem and I get this error message:
The movie '/dev/cdroms/cdrom0' could not be read.
I tried also with other DVDs and I get the same answer.
Music cds are playing but DVDs.

Make sure 'Drake recognizes the drive as a DVD player. Check in MCC under Hardware.

I tried also to drag and drop, under root, files to a RW cd and it doesn't work. I tried then by opening K3b software and there I can not add directories to my rw-cd without reformating the cd.
DO I need a different software or is something wrong in the settings?

...don't know about that one, don't use RW's at all, since blank CD's are about 50 cents each (which now, thanks to GWB, is about 51 cents American ;-))