It has been almost 24 hours and I haven't seen this appear, while other
mail has been getting through fine, so here it is again:

--Forwarded Message--
From: Andrew Archibald <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: Newbie Mdk list
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Subject: Re: [newbie] Totem Date: Mon, 05
Apr 2004 14:26:53 +0100

On Mon, 2004-04-05 at 07:23, Lee Wiggers wrote:
> On Sun, 4 Apr 2004 22:26:10 -0700
> Aron Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > On Sunday 04 April 2004 01:36 pm, Lee Wiggers wrote:
> > > Question is, it's one saving grace besides the graphics you have
> > > to disable for any sort of stability is that it shows the song
> > > title and artist while playing some streams.
> > >
> > > Can anyone tell me how to do that with xmms or another player?

I'm assuming you're talking about shoutcast (or similar mp3 based)
streams?

In XMMS:
Options->preferences then in the input plugins box select "MPEG Layer
1/2/3 Player 1.2.8 [libmpg123.so]" then click configure. In the box that
comes up select the "streaming" tab. At the bottom of the tab there is a
section titled "SHOUT/Icecast". This is where you want to select the
"Enable title streaming" option.

The reason this is disabled by default is because of a bug where there
would be disruptions to the audio playback. As I remember it some sort
of popping/hissing? Anyway I think that bug was fixed a while back.
Works for me...

Let us know how you get on,

A.