Firewalls are a good thing if the manager is always vigilant and
keeps an eye on what is attacking the system. My feeling is sooner
or later someone is going to come up with an exploit that works. It
will take a near genius I think to do it but that is why I check
logs at least once a week. I don't have a heavy traffic system so
that seems to be enough for now. Anyway, what I am saying is  "do
not worry, but do not drop your gaurd". HTH

Perhaps some advice about how to check the logs - what to scan for, for instance, Dennis?

I would be very grateful...

Paul